Facebook announced big news today: They have updated their Page Terms to make it easier for businesses to create promotions on Facebook. That’s why Fanpage Karma launches a new feature today: the Karma Good Luck Fairy. With her it is way easier for Page administrators to detect the winners of a Facebook promotion.
Try it now here for free.
Promotions on Facebook had to be administered through apps before. Now, they may be administered on Page timelines as well.
Businesses can now collect entries:
- By having users post on the Page
- By having users comment a Page post
- By having users like a Page post
- By having users like the Page itself
Furthermore they can now:
- Utilize likes as a voting mechanism
- Create promotions where every fan of a page is automatically participating
What’s still NOT okay:
- To ask people to tag themselves in pictures in exchange for a chance to win a prize
- To collect entries by having the users share a Page post
- To ask people to write a post about the prize or the business in exchange for a chance to win
These are a lot of updates with a lot of flaws Page administrators have to know. One of them for sure is the right way to detect the winners. Certainly, it has to be a fair promotion, even if there are thousands of likes on a post. But how can you decide who is the one to win if you get a lot of response? The Fanpage Karma Good Luck Fairy helps you with this. It’s operated by a random generator who picks the winners.
- A winner from all who liked a Page post
- A winner from all who commented on a Page post
- A winner from all who liked and commented on a Page post
- The comment with the most likes
Page administrators just have to enter the URL of the post and click the button. The Good Luck Fairy takes care of the rest.
UPDATE 05.09.: NEW: Excel report. Get the names of all people which commented on the post or liked it as a handy Excel sheet.