In a study of over 5 million Instagram posts, we showed that using lots of hashtags can greatly increase the organic reach of posts. However, to avoid reaching the wrong people with your posts, it’s important that you only use hashtags that exactly match your topic. Want to know how to do that? Our free Hashtag Composer does it for you.
Better Than Other Hashtag Tools
Unlike other tools, the Fanpage Karma Hashtag Composer calculates the relevance of a hashtag based on the reach of posts, not merely the frequency of their use.
A hashtag is particularly good when posts that use it achieve a particularly high reach per follower. The addition “per follower” is important because profiles with many followers automatically (even without hashtags) achieve a higher reach than smaller profiles. Therefore, you can only compare the reach of larger and smaller profiles if you factor out the number of followers.
In other words, we consider two factors to determine suitable hashtags:
- Frequency of use of the hashtag
- Reach that posts with the hashtag have achieved
The frequency of a hashtag is indicated by dashes, the reach is indicated by a color scale.
The Hashtag Composer only marks a hashtag as particularly relevant (dark blue) if at least 50 posts have achieved a particularly high reach with it. A single top post does not suffice to qualify a hashtag as relevant.
How to Use the Hashtag Composer
All you need to do to use the Hashtag Composer is to specify one hashtag.
- Gehe auf https://www.fanpagekarma.com/hashtag
- Insert a hashtag of your industry into the input field
- Pick the desired number of hashtags from the suggestions on the left or the 30 most relevant ones by clicking on “automatically select”.
- If necessary, add specific hashtags via the input field
- Copy the hashtag selection to your clipboard by pressing the button at the bottom right
- Paste the hashtags into your Instagram post
Discover the Right Hashtags
Now you know how to find the right Instagram hashtags for your topic. Give it a try and see if it increases your reach. We’d love to hear your feedback!