Facebook is about to roll out a dark design for the Messenger app. This was reported by Social Media Today yesterday. The dark mode not only looks cool but also saves battery.
With a little trick, you can already try the dark mode, if you’re lucky.
That’s how it’s done:
- Select a chat in the Messenger and click on the name of the person/persons to open the chat settings.
- Change the chat emoji
- Go back to the chat and send
a 🌙 tothe person.
- (Sometimes it also helps to double tap on the sent moon.)
- Activate the dark mode in the settings.
Unfortunately, this hack does not work for all users yet. It won’t take long.
How to activate Dark Mode in Facebook Messenger:— Matt Navarra (@MattNavarra) 2. März 2019
1. Set your chat emoji to 🌙
2. Send a 🌙 to your friend in chat
3. Head to settings to activate Dark Mode pic.twitter.com/KT0ZvrlaW8