Yesterday, Pinterest announced the launch of new features designed to help retailers reach more users who are in the mood to shop.
These are the new options:
- Shop a brand: Beneath product pins, users can find a new section which can be used to continue shopping by clicking on “more of [brand]”.
- Personalized shopping recommendations: Ideas based on the user’s saved pins will be displayed. A click on “More Ideas” reveals relevant pins that can be quickly added to the cart.
- Catalogs: Brands can now upload their entire catalog to Pinterest and convert their products into dynamic product pins.
- Shopping Ads: All businesses can create Shopping Ads through an Ads Manager.
- Shopping search: In the search, pins with products that can be purchased directly on the platform are displayed at the top.
Hopefully, the new features will help retailers appeal to those users that are really interested. We are curious if it’ll works.